chemagic™ 360 instrument
Features at a glance
- Sample volumes from 10 µl - 10 ml
- High throughput (1 - 96 samples per run)
- Revolutionary compact design (80 x 80 x 90 cm L/W/H)
- Integrates with liquid handling platforms
Compact - Flexible - Based on proven technology
Designed for desktop use, the chemagic 360 instrument processes sample volumes from 10 µl - 10 ml (from e.g. whole blood, saliva or serum/plasma samples) in high throughput. With dimensions of only 80 x 80 cm, the system extracts DNA from diverse sample materials and volumes in just in 60 minutes. This unique sample volume flexibility is gained through the usage of 3 different extraction heads, the so called chemagic Rod Heads. See tables below.
Hands-on time is reduced through a dispenser unit (chemagic Dispenser). Equipped with barcode-reader and QA software the chemagic 360 instrument complies LIMS compatibility and modern quality assurance standards. The modular set up of the system allows integration with standard liquid handling robots. Thus, the system represents a flexible solution for laboratory automation e.g. in the research application fields of human genetics, biobanking, or virus and bacteria detection.
- Facilitates reliable and approved chemagen Technology, ensuring
- no cross contamination
- smooth and efficient resuspension technology
- Quality assurance through
- bar code reading/sample tracking
- LIMS compatible log files
- chemagic QA Software
- Convenient and improved sample management
Look inside the chemagic™ 360 instrument
1. chemagic Rod Head – The chemagic 360 instrument is designed to isolate nucleic acids in three different sample volume configurations: (LV) low volume configuration, (MV) medium volume configuration, (HV) high volume configuration. Associated with the configuration is the sample number that can be maximally extracted per sample set and a sample volume range.
- 1 - 12 samples à 1 ml - 10 ml
- 1 - 24 samples à 200 µl - 4 ml
- 1 - 96 samples à 10 µl - 400 µl
2. Elektro Magnet – The electro magnet consists of an aluminum coil in a cover. When the power is switched on, an electric field is generated. The electric field induces a magnetic field. The magnetic field lines are conducted through metal rods while the strongest magnetic field is at the end of the rods, which enables an efficient collection of the magnetic beads. See video specifications for more detail.
3. Sample Carrier – Carries racks for disposable tips and reaction tubes and/or deep well plates.
4. chemagic Dispenser 360 unit – The chemagic Dispenser 360 unit notably reduces hands-on time when preparing a chemagic 360 instrument run. Independent of the amount of needed buffer, the additional unit prefills tubes/ plates quickly and accurately. Variants of the chemagic Dispenser 360 unit are available to suit the corresponding chemagic Rod Head formats (12 and 24/96).
Features at a glance
- Reduces hands-on time
- Cost-efficient through optimal buffer dispensing
- Fast and reliable membrane pump technology
- Fully integrated in the chemagic 360 software
5. Panel with power switch
Cell Free DNA Isolation
All products listed are for research use only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.
US: For laboratory use only. Not intended for use in diagnostic procedures.