High Yield Cell Free DNA from 2 - 5 ml Plasma Samples
Schema of nucleosome organization. Stryer, Lubert (1995). Biochemistry (fourth ed.). New York - Basingstoke: W. H. Freeman and Company. ISBN 978-0716720096.
Tests related to cfDNA usually result in wide-ranging decision processes, therefore the use of cfDNA in molecular biologyresearch requires a reliable isolation of cfDNA as one of the initial steps.
Cell free DNA containing sample material (plasma) is precious and cannot be easily obtained a second time without huge efforts. The challenges related to cfDNA isolation: Small fragments (difficult to isolate), a low and variable concentration in the plasma (requiring an almost total isolation of the fraction) in combination with demanding downstream applications, make it absolutely necessary to use as much starting material (plasma) as possible for the isolation. A high starting volume in combination with an optimal isolation method is the best approach to ensure reliable results and to minimize recall rates.
PerkinElmer offers the perfect solutions for this challenge by providing
- High cfDNA yields and concentration through processing of high initial plasma sample volume of 2 - 5 ml per reaction
- Max. cfDNA concentration achieved by low elution volume (60 - 150 µl)
- Efficient recovery of high quality cfDNA – up to 5 ng cfDNA/ml plasma
- Fast processing times – 24 samples of 2 - 5 ml sample vol. in 120 min
- cfDNA suitable for quality-demanding downstream applications: real time/digital PCR, methylation analysis, array technologies, NGS workflows
Fig. 1 cfDNA yield of 43 individual donors from 5 ml of plasma showing high yields. Mean yield: per ml of plasma 4.17 ng, samples were stored in cfDNA stabilizing blood collection tubes and plasma separation took place 3 days after the blood draw.
Fig. 2 Typical fragment analyzer results for cfDNA isolation
Order Information and Kit Performance
Other solutions available for
- Different sample volumes up to 10 ml cfDNA
- Blood, saliva, feces, FFPE, fresh tissue
- Total RNA isolation
Your Tools for Automated cfDNA Isolation
chemagic 360 Nucleic Acid Extractor
Based on PerkinElmer patented magnetic bead technology the chemagicTM 360 research instrument represents the ideal solution for cfDNA isolation from 2 - 5 ml plasma samples, in research market segments including but not limited to genetic testing and molecular biology workflows.
- Sample volumes from 200 µl - 5 ml
- High throughput, 1 - 24 samples/run
- Bar code reading/sample tracking
- LIMS compatible log files
- Integrates with liquid handling platforms
All products listed are for Research Use Only. Not for use in Diagnostic Procedures.
US: For Laboratory Use Only. Not Intended For Use in Diagnostic Procedures.
Please contact Customer Care.