For more information on cfDNA extraction in NGS workflows, please download our poster „Extraction of Cell-Free DNA and Subsequent Preparation of NGS Libraries in a High-Throughput, Cost-Effective Manner”.
Schema of nucleosome organization. Stryer, Lubert (1995).
Biochemistry (fourth ed.). New York - Basingstoke: W. H. Freeman and Company.
High-Throughput cfDNA Extraction from 4 - 5 ml Plasma or Serum Samples
Streamlined extraction process
- Combined protease digestion and DNA binding step
- No post-extraction centrifugation steps
- No vacuum manifolds or column extender requirements
- Rapid attraction and dispersion of magnetic beads
- All steps carried out at room temperature
Cell-free DNA (cfDNA) extracted from plasma/serum is gaining more and more attention as a biofluid sample type that fits vast application needs in the space of oncology research, for identifying actionable mutations and monitoring response to treatment; clinical research for non-invasive prenatal testing and diagnosis, known as NIPT and NIPD; and organ transplant monitoring research. There are, however, numerous challenges related to cfDNA isolation: difficulty in recovering cfDNA fragments due to their small size (less than 200 bp), dilution of cfDNA with genomic DNA released from contaminating leukocytes, inherent sample variability for yield that tends to be very low, the need for quality cfDNA for demanding downstream molecular applications, and others. On top of that, we understand the importance of having a robust and reliable extraction process for cfDNA, since obtaining plasma and serum can potentially be limiting and difficult for a lab.
To give the lab the confidence of obtaining quality cfDNA they need from every extraction, PerkinElmer® offers the NextPrep-Mag™ cfDNA automated isolation kit as an automated, high-throughput solution. These reagents have been validated for use on the chemagic™ MSMI, 360, and Prime™ platforms to allow for high input of starting material and optimal extraction to help labs get quality cfDNA as a starting point for their downstream molecular applications.
- Robust yields of quality cfDNA extracted from up to 5 mL of initial plasma or serum sample volume into as little as 60 µL elution volume
- 15 minutes of hands-on time with 1.5 hour turnaround time for 24 samples
- Verified as a compatible input for molecular applications such as producing cfDNA libraries with the NEXTFLEX® Cell Free DNA-Seq kit as well as commercial amplicon panels
Order Information and Kit Performance
Other solutions available for
- Different sample volumes up to 10 ml cfDNA
- Blood, saliva, feces, FFPE, fresh tissue
- Total RNA isolation
Your Tools for Automated cfDNA Isolation
chemagic 360 Nucleic Acid Extractor
Based on PerkinElmer patented magnetic bead technology the chemagicTM 360 research instrument represents the ideal solution for cfDNA isolation from 2 - 5 ml plasma samples, in research market segments including but not limited to genetic testing and molecular biology workflows.
- Sample volumes from 200 µl - 5 ml
- High throughput, 1 - 24 samples / run
- Bar code reading / sample tracking
- LIMS compatible log files
- Integrates with liquid handling platforms
All products listed are for research use only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.
US: For laboratory use only. Not intended for use in diagnostic procedures.